To receive a diploma a student must:
- Earn at least 26 credits
- Pass all required courses
- Meet all financial responsibilities regarding tuition, fees, books, etc.
- Meet all other obligations in reference to detention time, library books/fines, office forms, etc.
- Fulfill retreat and Christian Service requirements.
Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors are required to carry a minimum load of 7 classes per semester while Seniors are required to carry 6 classes per semester.
All students should take at least four academic classes per semester (Math, Science, English, Social Studies, World Languages).
|Fine/Applied Arts||1||2 courses in Fine Arts, Applied Arts, Performing Arts, or a combination of the three|
|English||4||1 credit per year|
Standard Sequence: English 9, English 10, English 11, English 12LC (Lit & Comp) and*English 12RC (Rhetoric & Comp)
|Mathematics||4||1 credit per year|
|Science||3-4||1 Biology, 1 Chemistry, and at least one additional course|
|Social Studies||3-4||1 World History, 1 American History, 0.5 American Government, and 0.5 Economics|
|Theology||4||1 credit per year|
|World Languages||2||2 consecutive years of the same language|
|P.E./Health||1||0.5 P.E.** & 0.5 Health|
1 course: Web Design, Intro to Technology, Programming, or AP Computer Science Principles
Class of 2018 & 2019-Completion of a virtual course, DC Test Prep Course, or completing Naviance Curriculum Grade Level Lessons (see counselor for more details). Class of 2020 & 2021- Awarded after successful completion of Freshman Seminar
|Electives||3.25||Additional courses from any department|
* The English-12RC (Rhetoric & Comp) requirement may be fulfilled by participating in Divine Child High School Forensics Team for two years. An alternate English course, senior year, must be elected to complete the 4 required English credits for students taking the Standard English sequence of courses.
**Participation in Marching Band for two years will fulfill the Physical Education requirement.