|Ella Dziobak (captain)||10|
|Lauren Ratcliffe (captain)||10|
|Bridget Williams (captain)||10|
VARSITY SWIM AND DIVE TEAM
Front row, from left: Lauren Ratcliffe, Lola Goff, Alayna Brown, Clare Bagazinski
Back row: Delilah Perez, Bridget Williams, Coach Laura Scheuer, Ella Dziobak, Amelia Hubbard. Not pictured: Alina Price
A message to all the swimmers from the Coach:
Ladies, thank you for making my first season as the head coach a DC a wonderful experience. I have deeply enjoyed coaching you this season and watching you work hard and improve. I look forward to next year's season and wish our two seniors the best of luck in their dreams after high school!
11/11/22: CHSL Championship
The Falcons had a great weekend competing at the CHSL League Meet, placing 6th overall out of the 7 teams in the league.
Every swimmer set season best times in their events, either during the preliminaries or the finals.
Notable achievements for the season include the following:
- Ella Dziobak set a PR in her 500 free and placed first in the league; she also placed 2nd in the 200 free and was a strong relay competitor as well. She will be competing in the MHSAA State Competition in the 200 and 500 free.
- Bridget Williams consistently swam the 50 free in under 30 seconds, something she has been working hard to achieve this season and won a ribbon for her time in the 100 free.
- Lauren Ratcliffe set a personal best in the 50 free as well, swimming it in under 30 seconds consistently, and remains a strong contender in the 100 breaststroke as well.
- Alayna Brown set personal records in her 200 freestyle and her 100 breaststroke times for the season, as well as competing hard in her relays.
- Alina Price has shown remarkable improvement over the season, setting personal bests in her 50 free and her 100 back.
- Emylin Burns has worked hard this season to improve her 100 back and 50 free times, both of which she achieved a season best in during leagues.
- Temperance Gorman remains a strong contender in the 200 IM and set a season best record in her 100 breaststroke.
- Captain Amelia Brown was a strong member in both of her relays and received ribbons for her placement in the 200 IM and the 100 back, both events that she has been working hard to perfect this season.
- Captain Nhi Nguyen continued to shave time on her 100 back and 200 free times, setting personal and season bests to end a wonderful season.
11/1/22: DC // Regina-Liggett
Nhi Nguyen had a great night, dropping time in her 200 Free and 100 Back, achieving season and personal best times for her. Emilyn Burns and Alina Price also dropped time in both of their individual events, the 50 free and the 100 backstroke.
10/25/22: Divine Child- 37 // Detroit Country Day- 139 // Divine Child- 35 // Cranbrook Kingswood- 140
Temperance Gorman swam her fastest 100 breaststroke of the season and Alina Price swam her fastest 50 free to set a personal and season best. The 200 Medley B Relay also set a season best time. The team continues to work toward dropping time to prepare for the upcoming CHSL Leagues Meet.
10/20/22: Divine Child- 36 // Marian- 127 // Divine Child- 57 // Bishop Foley- 104
10/14/22: 1st place: Livonia Churchill // 2nd place: St. Mary Catholic Central // 3rd place: John Glenn // 4th place: Divine Child // 5th place: Wayne Memorial // 6th place: Garden City
Every swimmer qualified in the preliminaries to move on to the finals on Saturday and every swimmer who attended the finals beat their preliminary qualifying times. Almost every one of our swimmers left with a ribbon or a medal.
10/11/22: Divine Child: 64 // Mercy: 100
The 200 Free A Relay had a wonderful meet, finally breaking 2 minutes for a new season best.
Ella Dziobak continues her streak of excellence and dropped time in her 100 fly event. Captains Amelia Brown and Nhi Nguyen continue to lead by example, both dropping time in their 200 IM and 500 Free respectively.
10/4/22: Divine Child: 49 // Dearborn High: 38
Temperance Gorman had a fantastic debut in the 200 IM, placing 2nd overall in her first time swimming the event in a meet. Bridget Williams continues to be successful in the 50 free, dropping another second from her time to set a personal and season best.
Nhi Nguyen, Alina Price, Alayna Brown, and Temperance Gorman continue to improve in the 400 Free Relay, dropping another 20 seconds in their race for a season best time.
9/27/22: Divine Child: 43 // Fordson: 51
Nhi Nguyen and Temperance Gorman had a great night swimming against Fordson. Nhi set personal and season best times in every event that she swam in and Temperance proved to be a key member of the 200 free relay and 400 free relay, in both instances, catching her lane back up after being behind at the beginning of the event.
9/21/22: Divine Child: 58 points // Greenhills: 96 points
9/10/22: Divine Child placed 2nd overall with 76 points. Fordson placed first (110 pts), Crestwood took 3rd (42 pts), Garden City took 4th (28 pts), and Annapolis took 5th (26 pts).
Every relay (DC) placed either first or second in their individual events as well, and every girl left with at least one medal!
9/8/22: Divine Child Falcons: 63 // Edsel Ford Thunderbirds: 79
Amelia Brown and Bridget Williams were key swimmers for the team's success. Bridget placed first in the 50 free and second in the 100 free. Amelia placed second in the 50 free and first in the 100 back.
Ella Dziobak led the swim team tonight with first places in 100 butterfly and the 400 in the Falcons’ season-opening split against Crestwood and Grosse Ile. Lauren Ratcliffe prevailed in the 100 backstroke, while the Falcons won the 200 free and 200 medley relays.
- Athlete of the Week Recipients
- Falcons in College and Beyond
- Team Captains
- Tryout Information