Divine Child Hall of Fame
The Divine Child Hall of Fame was created in 2016 by the Divine Child Alumni Association and Falcon Athletic Club with a mission to honor those who have shown extraordinary dedication, love, leadership and service for the Divine Child Catholic Schools and the Church of the Divine Child Family.
Save the Date for the 2019 Divine Child Hall of Fame event
Saturday, November 9
Mark Carpenter '68 (1950 - 1998) returned to his alma mater in 1973 to coach boys' track & field, cross country, and basketball for more than 24 years. He led efforts to establish a high school girls' track and field team, as well as a DCES CYO track program. He lived and taught Catholic values until his untimely death at the age of 47.
Sister Mary Gerald, OSF (1913 - 2000) was a Bernardine Franciscan Sister and Divine Child High School's second principal. During her 17 years as a principal (1965-1982), she established the excellent educational programs that we still have in place. She was a dedicated religious, an intelligent educator, a disciplinarian and a kind friend to the students.
Kathy Tar joined our parish in 1977 with her husband. She joined the faculty at DCHS in 1996 as an English/Debate/Forensics teacher. She started the DCHS Forensics Team, leading the students to 8 MIFA State Championships in Individual Events (2012 -2019). She was also recognized as MSCI Coach of the Year three times in 2006, 2007, and 2014. Kathy is entering her 24th year as Forensics team Head Coach and continues to teach in the English Department.
Frank K. Yesh has been a member of the Divine Child Parish for over 54 years. He coached boys' basketball and girls' softball totaling 34 teams, and over 400 student athletes. The Catholic values of commitment, teamwork, and giving the best of oneself were embodied in his coaching. Coach Yesh emphasized hard work, preparation, fundamentals, good sportsmanship, having fun and taking pride in being part of the Falcon Family.
In 2016, the Divine Child Alumni Association (DCAA) Hall of Fame was created with a mission to “honor those who have shown extraordinary dedication, love, leadership and service for the Divine Child Catholic Schools and the Church of the Divine Child Family.”
The DCAA Hall of Fame Selection Committee will annually recognize:
1. Outstanding Divine Child High School alumni who have achieved distinction in their personal achievements, the community and/or their career that exemplify the values of Divine Child High School, specifically a dedication to excellence spiritually, academically, socially, creatively or athletically.
2. Divine Child faculty or distinguished contributors to the Divine Child community, with sustained leadership and service to Divine Child Catholic Schools.
Thank you for your submission. Nominations for the 2019 Divine Child Hall of Fame have closed.
Anyone may submit a nomination for any person meeting the criteria by filling out and submitting the application form on the Divine Child High School Website.
- Nominees are first eligible for selection ten (10) calendar years following their graduation.
- Nominations are accepted annually and those submitted in previous years remain on file for reconsideration in subsequent years.
- The committee shall require a minimum vote of 75 percent of those present and voting to select the Hall of Fame inductees.
- No member of the selection committee shall be nominated or inducted during his or her term
- The Hall of Fame Selection Committee shall be comprised of the Divine Child Alumni Association board, Falcon Athletic Club president, the alumni relations coordinator and the director of advancement.