Divine Child Hall of Fame
The Divine Child Hall of Fame was created in 2016 by the Divine Child Alumni Association and Falcon Athletic Club with a mission to honor those who have shown extraordinary dedication, love, leadership and service for the Divine Child Catholic Schools and the Church of the Divine Child Family.
Save the Date for the 2019 Divine Child Hall of Fame event
Saturday, November 9
In 2016, the Divine Child Alumni Association (DCAA) Hall of Fame was created with a mission to “honor those who have shown extraordinary dedication, love, leadership and service for the Divine Child Catholic Schools and the Church of the Divine Child Family.”
The DCAA Hall of Fame Selection Committee will annually recognize:
1. Outstanding Divine Child High School alumni who have achieved distinction in their personal achievements, the community and/or their career that exemplify the values of Divine Child High School, specifically a dedication to excellence spiritually, academically, socially, creatively or athletically.
2. Divine Child faculty or distinguished contributors to the Divine Child community, with sustained leadership and service to Divine Child Catholic Schools.
Thank you for your submission. Nominations for the 2019 Divine Child Hall of Fame have closed.
Anyone may submit a nomination for any person meeting the criteria by filling out and submitting the application form on the Divine Child High School Website.
- Nominees are first eligible for selection ten (10) calendar years following their graduation.
- Nominations are accepted annually and those submitted in previous years remain on file for reconsideration in subsequent years.
- The committee shall require a minimum vote of 75 percent of those present and voting to select the Hall of Fame inductees.
- No member of the selection committee shall be nominated or inducted during his or her term
- The Hall of Fame Selection Committee shall be comprised of the Divine Child Alumni Association board, Falcon Athletic Club president, the alumni relations coordinator and the director of advancement.
Dcn. C. Roger O'Donnell joined the DC community in 1973. A faithful man always committed to serving the Lord and others, Roger was ordained a deacon in 2003. Until his retirement in January 2018, he played an integral part in DC's ministry, assisting with both baptisms and the Mass of the Resurrection. Additionally, his ministry extended to support Angela Hospice. Dcn. O'Donnell had a knack for connecting with people and providing them with spiritual comfort when they needed it most.
Leo Tallieu began teaching at DC in the Fall of 1966. During his 30 year career at DC, Leo grew the band program to nearly 70 musicians. He founded the Band Booster Club which helped raise money to purchase much needed instruments for students, and was also a talented composer, having written the musical score for the DC Fight Song. Mr. Tallieu's passion for music was contagious and his students loved band as much as he did.
Tim Lee graduated from DCHS in 1978. Over the past 40 years, he has coached more than 1000 student athletes and earned two CYO A-Division Titles, six CYO B-Division Titles, and more than 13 Prep-Bowl appearances. He believes in instilling Catholic Christian values in every student athlete, while motivating, inspiring and encouraging each student to be their best on and off the field.