Honors & Advanced Placement
Starting freshman year, students are permitted to enroll in Honors classes at Divine Child High School. These courses are taught at a faster pace than our typical college preparatory courses so more material is covered and at a deeper level.
Placement in freshman Honors classes is based on middle school grades, High School Placement Test scores, and our own placement exam scores in select subjects.
Placement in sophomore, junior, and senior Honors classes is based upon grades, PSAT test information, and teacher or department chair recommendation.
Divine Child High School offers 18 Advanced Placement courses.
In an AP course, a student takes a class with college-level curricula taught by a Divine Child teacher.
These courses could result in the student earning credit in college, based on their AP exam score.
Computer Science Principles
English Language & Composition
English Literature & Composition
Honors Spanish 4*
Seminar & Research**
*Honors Spanish 4 students often take the AP Language exam.
AP Scholars - 42 students
Received scores of 3 or higher on three or more AP exams
AP Scholars w/ Honors - 32 students
Received scores of 3.25 on all AP exams taken and score 3 or higher on four or more of these exams
AP Scholars w/ Distinction - 33 students
Received average score of 3.5 on all AP exams and scores of 3 or higher on five or more of these exams
AP National Scholar - 5 students
Granted to students in the U.S. who receive an average score of at least 4 on all AP exams and scores of 4 or higher on eight or more of these exams
AP Capstone Certified - 6 students
Granted to students who receive scores of 3 or higher in AP Seminar and AP Research
AP Capstone Diploma - 4 students
Granted to students who receive scores of 3 or higher in AP Seminar and AP Research and on four additional AP exams of their choosing
AP Capstone is a program that equips students with the independent research, collaborative teamwork, and communication skills that are increasingly valued by colleges. It cultivates curious, independent, and collaborative scholars and prepares them to make logical, evidence-based decisions.
AP Capstone is comprised of two AP courses — AP Seminar and AP Research — and is designed to complement and enhance the discipline-specific study in other AP courses. Participating schools can use the AP Capstone program to provide unique research opportunities for current AP students, or to expand access to AP by encouraging students to master the argument-based writing skills that the AP Capstone program develops.
The two AP Capstone courses, with their associated performance tasks, assessments, and application of research methodology, require students to:
- Analyze topics through multiple lenses to construct meaning or gain understanding.
- Plan and conduct a study or investigation.
- Propose solutions to real-world problems.
- Plan and produce communication in various forms.
- Collaborate to solve a problem.
- Integrate, synthesize, and make cross-curricular connections.
- Athens High School – Troy, MI
- Black River Public School – Holland, MI
- Catholic Central High School – Grand Rapids, MI
- Center For Advanced Studies and Arts – Oak Park, MI
- Clinton High School – Clinton, MI
- Crestwood High School – Dearborn Heights, MI
- Dearborn Center For Math Science And Technology – Dearborn Heights, MI
- Divine Child High School – Dearborn, MI
- Forest Hills Central High School – Grand Rapids, MI
- Grand Blanc Community School – Grand Blanc, MI
- Hastings High School – Hastings, MI
- Lapeer High School – Lapeer, MI
- Macomb Academy of Arts and Science at Armada High School – Armada, MI
- Meadow Montessori School – Monroe, MI
- Milan High School – Milan, MI
- Novi High School – Novi, MI
- Oakland Christian School – Auburn Hills, MI
- Port Huron High School – Port Huron, MI
- Port Huron Northern High School – Port Huron, MI
- Rochester Adams High School – Rochester Hills, MI
- Rochester High School – Rochester Hills, MI
- Stoney Creek High School – Rochester Hills, MI
- Troy High School – Troy, MI
- University High School Academy – Southfield, MI
- Utica High School – Utica, MI