Divine Child High School is rooted in a long-standing tradition of excellence and in an educational partnership with students, parents, and the community. As such, we’ve set high academic standards for our students, which produce results that translate to post-graduation success.
Divine Child High School's curriculum is varied to meet the needs and interests of each student. A total of 26.0 credits is required for graduation.
- Earn at least 26 credits
- Pass all required courses
- Meet all financial responsibilities regarding tuition, fees, books, etc.
- Meet all other obligations in reference to detention time, library books/fines, office forms, etc.
- Fulfill retreat and Christian Service requirements.
Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors are required to carry a minimum load of 7 classes per semester while Seniors are required to carry 6 classes per semester.
All students should take at least four academic classes per semester (Math, Science, English, Social Studies, World Languages).
|FINE/APPLIED ARTS||1||2 courses in Fine Arts, Applied Arts, Performing Arts, or a combination of the three|
|ENGLISH||4||1 credit per year|
Standard Sequence: English 9, English 10, English 11, English 12LC (Lit & Comp) and*English 12RC (Rhetoric & Comp)
|MATHEMATICS||4||1 credit per year|
|SCIENCE||3-4||1 Biology, 1 Chemistry, and at least one additional course|
|SOCIAL STUDIES||3-4||1 World History, 1 American History, 0.5 American Government, and 0.5 Economics|
|THEOLOGY||4||1 credit per year|
|WORLD LANGUAGES||2||2 consecutive years of the same language|
|P.E./HEALTH||1||0.5 P.E.** & 0.5 Health|
1 course: Web Design, Intro to Technology, Programming, or AP Computer Science Principles
Class of 2018 & 2019-Completion of a virtual course, DC Test Prep Course, or completing Naviance Curriculum Grade Level Lessons (see counselor for more details). Class of 2020 & 2021- Awarded after successful completion of Freshman Seminar
|ELECTIVES||3.25||Additional courses from any department|
* The English-12RC (Rhetoric & Comp) requirement may be fulfilled by participating in Divine Child High School Forensics Team for two years. An alternate English course, senior year, must be elected to complete the 4 required English credits for students taking the Standard English sequence of courses.
**Participation in Marching Band for two years will fulfill the Physical Education requirement.